Inspired by my childhood “flower” doodles of a swirl with small leaves, the Sweven Throw (archaic for dream or vision) was created. Swirls for flowers are worked, arranged by color, then squared and joined as-you-go before being bordered. Leaves are placed "randomly" using included placement diagram.
The pattern includes:
- complete materials list including yarn/colors of sample yarn
- stitch abbreviations (US terms), special stitches and notes sections
- diagram for leaf placement
- detailed and thoroughly tested written pattern including join-as-you-go instructions
- complete border section which works as written for any size blanket
- picture section for additional help with joining, motifs, and leaves
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- Scheepjes Our Tribe (70% Merino Superwash/30% Polyamide) fingering yarn
- 1 ball of each of 15 colors of light fingering for swirls with additional 9 balls of main color and 1 ball for leaves
Buy Scheepjes Our Tribe
Throw with border = 66“ x 73“ (169cm x 185cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
sc, hdc, dc, htr, tr
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.