Using four of the five Scheepjes Whirls from the Aurora Collection, the Aurora Blanket is constructed in four panels, one of them with join-as-you-go motifs and the other three in turning rows. Scheepjes Whirlette was then used to join, border and add tassels (optional).
This pattern is rated for intermediate crocheters due to the join-as-you-go process used on the orange motif panel. Making that panel the same as the other 3 is an option if you prefer to not make motifs.
The pattern includes:
- thoroughly tested written instructions
- notes, stitch abbreviations, and special stitches
- join-as-you-go instructions for motifs
- materials section
Gauge is not critical to this pattern as you work each Whirl cake until it is gone or until all panels are of the same length.
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- Scheepjes Whirl (one cake of each): Dark Grape Squish #786, Watermelon Hell Raiser #784, Night Time Bubbles #788, Dandelion Munchies #787
- Scheepjes Whirlette (one cake): Liquorice #851
- If you choose to use an alternative yarn, you will need approximately 4,870 yds/4450m of fingering yarn.
Sample blanket dimensions without tassels: 57” x 65” (145cm x 165cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sl st, sc, hdc, dc (additional special stitches detailed in the pattern)
• Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
• All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.