::Loopsy Daisy Free Crochet Pattern::
So let's get on with the pattern:
- Yarn: Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend in Igloo (A), Gray Pearl (B) and (C) Bakery Box White. Depending on the size of your chosen project, you can easily calculate the amount of yarn required by working a single motif, measuring the length of the yarn used and then multiplying this by the total number of motifs. (#4 Worsted/Aran; 3.50 oz./100 g; 165 yd/150 m; 65% Acrylic, 35% Wool)
- Hook: H (5.0mm)
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Rnds 2-4 are all worked into Rnd 1.
- The flowers are joined as-you-go during Round 4. Think of each flower as a hexagon. You will be joining to adjacent flowers at the petal tips of each ch-11 loop from Round 4.
- Motif = approximately 3 inches (7.5cm)
- Coverlet = approximately 35inches (84cm) square after blocking. A color placement diagram is provided below for assistance with layout and attachment of motifs, however, you can make your project any dimensions you choose.
Stitch Abbreviations (US Terms):
ch = chain
sp = space
sc = single crochet
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
st (s) = stitch(es)
rep = repeat
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
Ch 6, sl st to first ch to form a ring
Rnd 1: ch 1 (does NOT count as a st), 18 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc (18sc)
Rnd 2: (ch 7, sk 2, sl st in next sc) rep 5 times, ch 7, sk 2, sl st in first sl st (6 ch-7 petals)
Rnd 3: pulling ch petals of Rnd 2 forward and working behind them into skipped sts of Rnd 1, sl st into next sc, (ch 9, sk 1, sl st in next sc) rep 5 times, ch 9, sk 1, sl st in first sl st (6 ch-9 petals)
Rnd 4: pulling ch petals of Rnd 2-3 forward and working behind them into remaining skipped sts of Rnd 1, sl st into next sc, (ch 11, sl st in next sc) rep 5 times, ch 11, sl st in first sl st, fasten off (6 ch-11 petals)
Note: You will be joining during Rnd 4 to adjacent flowers in the ch-11 petal loops by replacing the middle chain (6th) with a slip stitch to the adjacent flower then continuing the working flower to the next petal tip join.
Work Rnds 1-3 for First Flower.
Rnd 4: pulling petals of Rnd 2-3 forward and working behind them into remaining skipped sts of Rnd 1, sl st into next sc, (ch 5, sl st in adjacent flower’s ch-11 loop, ch 5, sl st in next sc of Round 1) rep 4 times, ch 11, sl st in next sc , ch 11, sl st in first sl st, fasten off (6 ch-11 petals)
Weave in ends.