These nifty little “mock bullion” stitches in rainbow hues definitely remind me of those colorful wooden math helpers you find in children’s school rooms. I’m a fan of the look of a bullion stitch, I just find there is no rhythm and joy in working them. But this nifty little “mock bullion” stitch is super easy (plus, I include a bunch of pictures of how to do it) in the thoroughly tested and detailed written pattern.
One of my testers, Lorrie, said this about the pattern: “Ok let me just start with…mind blown!!!! What an awesome stitch! The pattern read correctly and easily. Your instructions and pictures make me feel like I can do anything!”
The pattern includes:
- complete materials section including yarn colors/quantities used in the sample
- notes, abbreviations, and special stitches sections
- detailed written pattern (standard US terms)
- bonus picture section (no need to print to complete the blanket as written) for a little extra help, if needed (not meant to replace the written pattern)
- multiples number to adjust dimensions of your blanket
Read more about the Abacus Blanket design on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
34 in X 37 in (86.5 cm X 94 cm) but can be adjusted using included multiples
Intermediate--due to some interesting stitches/placements but with the pictures included could be worked by an ambitious beginner
- 17 colors worsted weight yarn (1 skein each color) with 3 skeins of contrasting/border color
- The sample blanket requires approximately 1400-1450 yards (1280-1325m) of worsted/aran yarn.
Alternate yarn suggestion: Scheepjes Chunky Monkey
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sl st, sc, hdc, dc (other stitches detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.