Both the Sea Ice Mittens and Sea Ice Cowl patterns are included in this listing.
With a subtle color-changing primary yarn and 4 coordinating yarns held two together at a time, this cowl works up speedy quick and is a great stash buster. It's versatile as it can be worn in a loop with or without buttons or crossed with the buttons in the front.
Both detailed and simple patterns include 3 pages of instructions to make a cowl and mittens for you or to give as gifts. Additional yarn suggestions are provided for a second colorway for the cowl, as well as instructions for easily adjusting the width and length of the cowl so it can be adapted for any size--even a toddler!
Both the mittens and cowl can be worked up with 1 skein of yarn each. The cowl pattern calls for 1 skein of the primary yarn and much less than one skein of each of the 4 secondary yarns. You will also need two 2 inch (5cm) buttons or toggles for the cowl.
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here and here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- Mittens: 1 ball of worsted/aran
- Cowl: 1 ball each of worsted/aran yarn in 5 colors
Alternate yarn suggestions: Scheepjes Wanderlust (Mittens and Cowl) and Scheepjes Colour Crafter (Cowl--solid colors)
9mm (N) for the cowl
6mm (J) for the mittens
- Cowl: 27 inches (69cm) in circumference X 8 inches (20cm) tall
- Mittens: Women's S/M (Size can be adjusted by using a different size of hook.)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sc, hdc, sl st (other stitched detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.