Three things that I adore--buttons, felt and polka dots! All three come together in this whimsical, yet practical, cross-body iPad cover. The felt protects your tablet and the dots and buttons help you do it with style! The strap's length is easily adjustable for your height and comfort level. Just want the cover without the strap--done. This cover would be beautiful in natural tones with wooden or simple metallic buttons, too. Use your creativity! No need to have experience felting as simple, clear instructions are included.
This clear and detailed 9 page pattern includes:
- a list of materials,yarns and quantities used
- special notes on how to calculate the percentage of shrinkage of your yarn--should you choose to use a different brand than listed
- 14 clear, step-by-step pictures of how to assemble your bag
- a super quick and easy way to felt your small items by hand--including pictures
- simple instructions on felting your bag
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- 3 balls of Paton's Classic Wool or any other worsted 100% feltable wool yarn (1 ball of each color)
- Note: Do not use superwash wool or any other fiber as it will not felt.
- Buttons—At least one ½ inch (1.3cm) button for tab closure. The buttons on the pictured strap are only decorative and you can use if you wish. I used six buttons total as I layered them two on each strap and two for the closure.
- Knitting needle – used to make hole for inserting strap through bag.
- Tapestry needle
- Before felting dimensions—12.75 in (32.5cm) high and 9 in (23cm) wide
- Finished dimensions—10.5 in (26.5cm) high and 8.5 in (21.6cm) wide. The strap is approximately 58 in (147cm) in length (before and after felting) which can be adjusted to your height and desired length upon assembly.
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sl st, hdc
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.