When my daughter was small, she dreamed of being a mermaid and becoming "part of that world". With lots of sparkle, jewel-tones of the sea, and fin-like texture the MERMAID ME BLANKET can bring your little one's imagination to life! Worked in simple motifs and then joined-as-you-go, constructing the tail is very easy. The sparkly fringe is crocheted right along with the border to make it even simpler. Lots of pictures, diagrams and special notes will help you make a mermaid tail blanket that will transform your little loved one into a sparkly MERMAID and be treasured for years to come!
Detailed pattern includes:
- special notes, stitch abbreviations and complete materials list
- alternate yarn suggestions
- join-as-you-go instructions, diagrams and explanations for putting it all together
- a picture section for additional help, if needed. (Not intended to replace the written pattern; no need to print)
Note: This is not a cocoon, but a blanket that drapes over the lap.
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- Red Heart Swanky (9 skeins) in 4 colors
- Approximately 1600-1800 yards (1370-1650m) worsted weight yarn was used to make the sample blanket.
Alternate Yarn Suggestion: Scheepjes Wanderlust
- The pictured blanket is draped over a 7 year old.
- Blanket = 38 in (96.5cm) from waist to tip of fringe (including border) and 25 in (63.5cm) across width of waist
- The pattern does NOT include instructions for making it bigger, however, if you are confident you might consider adding rows for height and columns for width if making it for a larger person
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sl st, sc, hdc, dc (other stitches detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.