I love the smell of rain! And the word used to describe it is Petrichor. I also like to have my head covered and my neck warm, but don’t want the dreaded hat hair. This hood solves those problems--rain or shine, or snow. Wear it up or down. Add a tassel or pom and some colorful buttons to make it your own!
Find the free pattern for the Petrichor Hood on my blog or purchase a tidy, print-friendly PDF here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
Scheepjes Stone Washed (3 balls of Dk weight yarn)
Buy Scheepjes Stone Washed
- four buttons, 5/8” (16mm)
- tapestry needle
- Sample Hood = 14” (35.6cm) including ribbing to top of head; 20” (51cm) from front edge around back of head to front edge
- Size: Designed to fit from tween to adult, but can be adjusted using included multiple
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, dc, sl st
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.