This blanket reminds me of the dress that Sally of Nightmare Before Christmas wears. The name fits. But it also looks a lot like a patchwork bunting or banner, huh? It also looks like switchbacks on a mountail trail. Whatever the name, the blanket is rhythmic and fun to make.
Constructed with large triangles joined sideways, it can be made to any size and in any color/weight yarn you choose. Tell me this wouldn’t be fabulous in nautical colors--like pennant flags! Even in all neutral with a pop of color for the whipstitch joins and border.
The pattern includes:
- complete materials list including quantities and colors of yarn used in the sample
- special stitches, notes and abbreviations sections including how to adjust the size of your blanket
- thoroughly tested and complete written instructions for the full triangles, half triangles, joining and border
- a picture section with 30 captioned photos to help you through, if needed (no need to print; not intended to replace the written pattern)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- 13 skeins (2 each of 6 colors, 1 of contrasting color) worsted/aran weight yarn
- Sample used 1490-1540yds (1362-1408m) total.
Alternate yarn suggestion: Scheepjes Chunky Monkey (Worsted/Aran) or Scheepjes Softfun Aquarel (DK)
Sample Blanket: 31 in X 44.5 in (79 cm X 113 cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, hdc, st st (linked stitches detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.