Perfect for taking a nap, reading a book, playing with toys or just snuggling--the Toddler Teepee is a perfect tent for indoor or outside play. The sample is made in a rainbow of colors but you could make it in your little one’s favorite colors or to match their bedroom or playspace. I also decided to make it with Red Heart Super Saver yarn as it is affordable, durable for play and has a superb color selection. I purchased the six dowels at my local Home Depot ($1.67 each), lashed the tops with twine and draped the cover over the frame--fastening it at the top with pom-adorned ties worked as part of the border.
Size: preschool/toddler ages 2-4
(Instructions for making the teepee larger are not included in the pattern, although it would be possible by adding rows as written. Consider that the cover will be much heavier and thus require longer and thicker poles for support. Also, adjustments will be required at the tent top depending on the size of poles used. Making the teepee smaller would be much easier--say for dollies, stuffed animals, or even a cat!)
The pattern includes:
- a complete list of materials--including the colors of yarn used in the sample
- stitch abbreviations, special stitches, and notes sections
- pictures to walk you through the special stitch used, placement diagram and how to lash your poles
- complete written instructions to complete your tent
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- Red Heart Super Saver (100% Acrylic) worsted/aran is 8 colors (1 ball each)
- Total yarn quantities for the sample teepee are 2190-2290yds (2002-2095m).
- Alternate yarn suggestion: Scheepjes Chunky Monkey
- 6 wooden dowels (7/16in/1.1cm diameter and 48in/122cm long)
- Twine or cord (approximately 60in/150cm)
Sample Teepee: approximately 38in tall (97cm) X 42in diameter (107cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sc, hdc, sl st (other stitches detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.