With a unique arrangement of simple granny squares and rectangles and clever use of color, this blanket looks like it is woven, hence the warp and weft name. Using 48 wee bits of color and a main color, the blanket works up quickly and is a fun and modern twist on the traditional granny. Add a pom pom edging and it adds even more colorful whimsy.
The pattern includes:
- Stitch abbreviations, special stitches, and complete notes sections
- Photo-tutorial on pom edging
- Placement Diagram for positioning of motifs and color arrangement
- Join-as-you-go instructions (but you may join in any method you choose)
- Written instructions for making 3 different motifs shown, border and pom edging
Find the free pattern for the Warp and Weft Blanket on my blog or purchase a tidy, print-friendly PDF here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
Blanket including border and edging = 42in (107cm) X 55in (140cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sc, sl st, dc (other special stitches detailed in the pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.