It’s Stashing Tote is perfect for taking your yarny projects on-the-go with you. Use it as a diaper bag, market tote, or anything you wish. Unbutton the tabs for more room. The straps are long enough to comfortably hang on your shoulder, too. Because it is felted, it is durable, strong and holds its shape well.
The 9 page pattern includes:
- a complete materials list, including yarn quantities, color and type (feltable wool yarn required)
- stitch abbreviations, notes and suggestions, and a special stitch section
- detailed instructions for making the motifs for your bag and how to put it all together
- a color placement diagram
- thorough instructions for felting your bag
- several photos for additional clarity
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
The sample bag used 3 skeins of the main color and 1 skein of 8 other colors--all 100% wool, approximately 1000 yards total.
Suggested Felting Materials:
- lingerie bag or pillowcase (optional, but recommended)
- washing machine for felting
- small amount of laundry soap
- box or bin for blocking your bag
You will also need:
- Tapestry needle
- 4 Buttons--1/2 inch (1.3cm)
- Dimensions before felting: 14in (35.5cm) front panel height and width; 10in (25.5cm) side panel width
- Dimensions after felting & blocking: 10.5in (26.5cm) front panel height, 12in (30.5cm) wide; 6.5in (16.5cm) side panel width
- Note: Measurements are approximate as felting is not a precise process and variations will occur.
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sc, hdc, dc, tr, sl st (htr detailed in pattern)
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.