After seeing a beautiful picture with colorful pink leaves strewn across a bright green grass field, this blanket was born--in my mind. Now it is outside my head and available for you to create your own version of Flying Colors!
Don't think these colors are for you? No worries. Change the colors to whatever you choose that fits "you" and matches your style. Do you like soft pastels? Or neutrals? All you need is two main colors with three shades of each--six colors in all.
So, pick your two favorites--say, turquoise and gray. You could find three varying shades like charcoal, heather gray, and white. Then you could choose three green-blue shades like teal, turquoise and soft aqua. Get it? I included a blank color grid in the pattern with specifics about where to place each shade so you can actually print it out and color it--having a little color-play time and make it uniquely yours!
This simple 9 page pattern includes:
- a detailed materials list including the six yarns I used in the pictured blanket and an easy way to calculate yarn quantities if you use different yarns
- a special stitch section including stitch abbreviations
- detailed join-as-you-go instructions including 14 clear pictures with descriptions to help you
- a color placement diagram to assist you in placement of your squares by color
- a blank color placement diagram so you can design your own color scheme to suit your style and home
Read more about the design process, color inspiration and pattern details on my blog here.
Save every day on your multiple pattern purchase. Use coupon code FBSAVE3 in the Felted Button pattern shop to save $3 on every order over $16.50. (Use code ESAVE3 for the same savings on Etsy.)
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
Six colors (three varying shades of two main colors) of worsted weight yarn were used in the pictured afghan (16 skeins total)
Alternate yarn suggestion: Scheepjes Colour Crafter (DK) or Scheepjes Chunky Monkey (worsted/aran)
- Square motif = 3 inches (7.5cm) square
- Blanket = 48 inches (122cm) X 54 inches (137cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sl st, sc, dc
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.