I love the movie You've Got Mail--especially the part where Kathleen Kelly is describing a picture of her and her "enchanting" mother when she was a child. "We're twirling," she says. I used to do that a lot with my daughter when she was little. So, in honor of those wonderful memories...the Let's Twirl Rug and Blanket!
The pattern details how to make a wonderful squishy, swirly rug for a bath, entry, kid's room, nursery or kitchen and also how to make a soft and cozy blanket for baby. If you want something larger for an afghan or bed, this is an easily adaptable pattern. It is also perfect for taking with you as you make the motifs, joining them later with a final round.
This simple, yet detailed, 12 page pattern includes:
- Three page, printable, written pattern
- Instructions for making motifs
- Join-as-you-go instructions (optional)
- Special notes and abbreviations
- Placement diagram for color placement of motifs
- Blank placement diagram to allow you to design your own color scheme
- Photo-tutorial with 25 clear pictures of how to make the twirly motifs, as well as how to join them
Where's my "Add to Cart" Button?
If you are unable to find an "Add to Cart" button on this listing, this pattern is only available to you through Etsy. This is due to taxes levied by your country or jurisdiction. You may still purchase this pattern from Etsy by clicking here.
Language & Terms
- The rug requires 8 skeins of the suggested worsted weight superwash wool yarn in 3 colors.
- The blanket requires 12 skeins of the suggested worsted weight superwash wool yarn.
- Each motif when made to a 3 inch (7.5cm) diameter gauge requires 14 yards of yarn including joining.
- Motif -- 3"/7cm
- Blanket – 30 inches x 36 inches (76cm x 91cm)
- Rug – 20 inches x 36 inches (51cm x 91cm)
Stitches used (US Terms)
ch, sc, hdc, sl st
- Due to the nature of patterns, this pattern may not be returned or exchanged.
- All sales are final.
Selling Your Finished Item
Finished items may be sold, with the following conditions:
- Pattern design must be attributed to Susan Carlson of Felted Button.
- Images from Felted Button may NOT be used to promote or sell your finished items. You must take your own photographs.
- This pattern may not be redistributed or copied in any way.